Starting the Two Week Wait…

The OPK is decidedly negative this evening.

IMG_6830.JPG
Last night I had a whole load of period pain like cramps, so I’m assuming that ovulation happened late last night or early this morning,
Either way, that makes tomorrow one day post ovulation! Only nine days to go until my period is due (I have a short luteal phase), so keep fingers crossed that instead of a period we get a lovely pink test line!
Here’s this cycle’s positive opks, for anyone who likes to stare at peesticks. I’m still not sure how our timing ended up so perfect this cycle, but I’m willing to run with it!

IMG_6828.JPG

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 2014, 2ww, baby, charting, cycle days and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Starting the Two Week Wait…

1. AndiePants says:

are you taking progesterone for your short luteal phase?

• No. My dr is giving me prpgrsterone as soon as i get BFP. My luteal phase is ten days. It doesnt have to be fourteen days. Lots of women get pregnant with ten days – i have.

• AndiePants says:

Sorry, didn’t mean to offend. MY RE offered me progesterone when my luteal phase was 11 days, so I just thought I’d ask.

• Sorry am snappy the turtle today for some reason. Dr is supplementing progesterone as soon as I get BFP 🙂 But he won’t before as he says it’s not a problem unless less than 9

2. DeCaf says:

I always stop testing as soon as I get a positive. How long did your surge last?

• Pretty much 48 hours 🙂 i kept trsting brcauer my first + was followed by a negative and then i got confused over whether it was a real positivd

• DeCaf says:

I did that once. It was before I started to record my BBT. I got a positive, a negative, and another positive, in three days, testing once per day. To this day I still have no idea when I ovulated that month (but it was academic, as we were just collecting data not TTC-ing yet).

• Yrah i hate doing BBT. I find it jist stressed me out. I may do it next cycle though, now i have a more normal waking time and am not working nights. But i would only do it up to 3dpo as aftrr that i tend to obsess and that’s no good

• DeCaf says:

Yeah. I’ve learned to basically just use it very coarsely, if my temp is above a certain temp, I’ve ovulate, if not, probably not. I don’t know if that would help you or not.

• Maybe. We shall see how we go. I would probably use it up until 3dpo, get my crosshairs on FF (because theyre pretty) and then abandon it

3. I second Andie. 9 days is really short, it needs to be at least 14 to hold a pregnancy.

• Not true. I got pregnant with a 10 day luteal phase. Lots of ladirs do. My dr told me if liteal phase was the problem i would have muscarried immediately and not kept squishy until 7+4

• Whats a ladirs? Iassumeypu meant ladies. Luteal Phase defect os aprogesterone issue, so it can in fact affect the outcome of your pregnancy througout the first trimester. Each doc has different ideals and practices, i dont mean to be upsetting only informational. Have you had or do you get your progesterone checked 7-8 days post ovulation?

• I did mean ladies. Iphone problems – d’oh!
        I have had progesterone levels checked a couple of times in the past and it has been normal, but at the lower end pf normal. My dr has said as soon as i get bfp he will be supplementing progesterone throughout first tri, so fingers crossed if that was the issue then supplementing will help next time.
        I’ll be having my progrsterone checked each cycle with clomid in the new year, sp hopegully that will show me a pattern.
        But you can get and stay pregnant with a 10 day lp… Its just a little harder.

• PS i also have luteal defect

4. Molly says:

Thinking good thoughts for you!

Let's hear your comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s